Pages

With creativity and imagination anything can be acheived

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Are Monsters scary or are they playmates?

Last night after I read my "Monster" a bedtime story and tucked him in he informed me that he couldn't go to sleep.  I'd already heard ten plus excuses since he was told to put on his p.j.'s, so I was slightly exasperated and the Ninja was silently informing me that I needed to make a bathroom break, again.
"I can't sleep."
"Why not?"
"I'm not tired." He said while yawning.
"I think you might be a little tired."
"But I'm scared."
"Of what?"
"Monsters."
"Monsters? But I thought you were a Monster?"
"Yeah, but what if they get me?"
"Don't worry they're asleep.  I sent them to bed while you were putting on your dinosaur p.j.'s."
"So, they aren't in my room?"
"Nope.  They're upstairs asleep.  They aren't allowed in your room till after breakfast."
"Ok.  Goodnight."
My argument apparently seemed perfectly logical to my little Monster and before long he was fast asleep.  I thought that this would be the end of it, but I greatly underestimated my little Monster's memory.
This morning after breakfast my Monster came to me and ask if the Monsters were awake yet?
"What?"
"Are the Monsters awake yet?  Its after breakfast."
I wasn't sure whether he wanted the Monsters to wake up or if he wanted to make sure they were still sleeping.  Erring on the side of caution I decided to say that, "I think the Monsters are still asleep."
"They need to wake up."
"Oh... Well, why don't you knock on the door to upstairs and tell them to wake up?"
"Ok," my Monster knocked firmly on the door. "Monsters!  Monsters!  Its time to wake up!"  He then listened intently at the door for a little bit before returning to me.  "I told them to wake up, but they say they'll wake up later."
I couldn't help but smile. "Monsters are like that sometimes.  They don't always listen, but I'm sure they will play with you later."
"Ok," my Monster let out a deep sigh that turned into a pout.  "Is it later yet?"

No comments: