Pages

With creativity and imagination anything can be acheived

Monday, April 04, 2011

My Littlest Helper/Monster

My littlest helper is a Monster.  He is a little Monster without much in the way of fangs or claws, but a Monster none the less.

When I do laundry I have an excellent helper to help me sort the clothes into their hampers with other similarly colored clothes(It helps greatly with my little monsters colors), unload the dryer, move the wet clothes from the washer to the dryer, and hand me clothes from a preselected hamper to place in the washer.
Granted the entire process takes a little bit longer with his help, but it makes it a million times more enjoyable.

When I do dishes I have a terrific helper who has taken over half of my two sided sink.  He isn't the best scrubber, but it keeps him close and out of mischief, and best of all he feels like a very helpful BIG Monster.  I've placed a blue tub on his side of the sink that matches the one on mine.  When I'm ready to wash dishes I'll put a few inches of lukewarm water, lots of soap, and plastic dishes into his tub and place a chair next to the sink so he can reach.  After some trial and error I also place a towel over the back of the chair, which protects it from spills and splashes and is already handy for drying the floor when we're finished.

When I do yard work I have a wonderful helper.  For the most part my littlest helper either runs around terrorizing anything that he can (real or imagined), rides his trusty wheeled steed, or plays with one of his many "outside toys".  When not playing or terrorizing I have the best helper for whatever task I'm doing.  If I'm trimming the bushes he will take the trimmed piece and make a rather neat pile.  If I'm weeding something he can help me with the smaller weeds if supervised  close to avoid the weeding of things that actually belong.  If I'm picking flowers for a vase inside there is no better flower holder than my little Monster.
I can't wait to discover the numerous ways he will be helpful with my first attempt at my very own vegetable garden.

When I am cooking I have an amazing helper for almost any task.  He can stir sweet iced tea so all the sugar gets absorbed properly.  He can cut butter, not beautifully, but well enough for cooking proposes. He can add bread to a toaster and pull/push the button done to toast it.  He can add already measured ingredients to a mixing bowl and occasionally, with some success, help mix the contents.  He even can be helpful retrieving cans from the cabinet though not always on the first try.

Overall I have the best littlest helper in the entire universe, and for any task that I undertake between the two of us we can find a way for my Monster to be both helpful and adorable.

No comments: