Pages

With creativity and imagination anything can be acheived

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Not Quite Complete Nursery Tour



I'll be the first to admit that the nursery is not complete. There are still plenty of things the baby needs and projects that I'd like to do. I want to do a gallery wall or mural. I need a foot stool once I find the perfect one. I keep thinking rug thoughts too. At 20 weeks I keep telling myself that I still have plenty of time to add finishing touches. Complete or not I think it is near enough for a public preview.
We decided on a color palette of black, white, gray, and red. We wanted plenty of heavy contrast and fun patterns for the baby to look at while still being fun and whimsical. I think we are right on track!

So without further ado the nursery!

 

 We decided against a matching furniture set and instead fell in love with furniture that complimented each other. The changing table is strategically placed by the door and the crib. The crib is placed away from the window and with nothing hanging above it. 
Both the crib sheet and the changing pad cover I made myself as well as a couple extras for the inevitable messes. I found tutorials for both on this amazing blog View From The Fridge and am so happy with all that I have made so far.



 I love this changing table so much! It is so cute and has wonderful storage for the many cloth diapers I want to fill it with.



Thanks to the mirror door, which the baby will love, you can almost see the entire room. The dresser matches the changing table and since the nursery is small it fit best in the closet; I love it there.



 Look at and admire this bookcase! My Dad and I designed and built it when I was 6. It has had a wonderful book filled life since then and I'm ecstatic it is now in the nursery. 
(The bookcase, toys, and books all came out of my sons room who was gracious enough to give the things he'd out grown to the baby. He's already an incredible older brother.)


I'm in love with this curtains color and style. It is gorgeous and soft while also being blackout and easily tied up to let in light. It is perfect!


And last, but probably my favorite, is the necessary rocking chair. With its wing back style, wide and comfortable seat, and back tall enough that at 5'10 I can still rest my head on the back it is everything I dreamed of. I already rock my 4yr old in it and there is plenty of space to rock the baby also when the time comes.

If it wasn't obvious already I'll just tell you that I'm in love with my nursery!

All the currently hanging artwork was created by a very talented local artist named Charlie Haskins. If you aren't already familiar with his work you should check him out!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! You picked the perfect time to take pictures of the curtains!