Pages

With creativity and imagination anything can be acheived

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Autumn Home Tour: Dining Room

Dining Room

 

 



Welcome to my dining room. While it is a wonderful spacious room I have yet to devote much time to it. We did replace the flooring when we moved in because it was carpet, yuck, but it hasn't been painted or had curtains hung. Needless to say we've neglected it a little, however, I did decorate it for Autumn and thought I'd share it first!






I had big plans for a wine bottle and candle center piece, but they ended up being to tall and nearly colliding with the chandler. Instead I found and printed out these labels and used some roses that my husband gave me and I dried. I am quite happy with how they turned out.


Cutest little teapot salt and pepper shakers


My pride and joy of the dining room is my Severed Lady, you can find the tutorial here


I didn't follow the tutorial exactly and I used an old pillowcase instead of the recommended cheese cloth, but I love how she turned out and find her extra creepy as she looks down upon everyone. 




I also mixed in some autumn decorations that aren't solely Halloween. You can really do a lot with some candy corn, candles, faux leaves/flowers, and pumpkins. Now if only my toddler would quit eating the candy corn.



The buffet and record player truly look stunning on their own. No help needed.




 I picked up this frame at a thrift store for less than a dollar. I wasn't a fan of green color, but, with a little black chalk paint and a skeletal bat from The Graphics Fairy, I soon fell in love! The leaves in glasses are a returning decoration from last year; both elegant and easy.





Lastly is the most neglected corner. It has several pieces from my husbands art collection and a cake stand I recently found at T.J. Maxx in their Halloween section. 






I found the ribbon in clearance bin at JoAnn Fabrics months before and was so excited to use it. I love that I can change out the ribbon and use it all year round.


Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Autumn Home Tour: Entry Way 

No comments: