Pages

With creativity and imagination anything can be acheived

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Why I'm Not Making A New Years Resolution

I've never been all about New Years Resolutions.  To begin with most people don't take them seriously and fully expect to forget about them or break them in the first month.  A complete misuse, in my opinion, of the word 'Resolution'. 
So this years instead of picking one resolution I've decided to pick 4 main areas in my life and make 14 goals for each area.  I have 365 days to complete 52 goals that's one a week. Completely reasonable, right?

Physical Goals
1- 50 (consecutive) push ups
2- 50 Marius weighted squats (the sooner the better)
3- The splits (I did them as a kid it's completely possible)
4- Do more yoga
5- Take Marius swimming
6- Try to keep hair below shoulders
7- Cut sugar out of my morning tea
8- Hike 5mi, 10mi, and 10+
9- Drink more water (totally guilty of getting dehydrated because I'm not thinking)
10- Ditch the scales (a number is nothing compared to feeling healthy and confident)
11- Workout 3+ days a week (that's only 156 out of 365. Completely doable)
12- I will do this without falling on my face
13- I will do this without breaking my back
14- Be a good role model for Marius by being healthy and active

Personal Goals
1- Work on my fear of Doctors and Dentists
2- Downsize or reorganize belongings (minimalist still survive, so I can too)
3- Find a better storage method for fabric
4- Spend more time in the sun
5- Grow an herb garden
6- Have a professional 'Mommy and me' photo shoot
7- Buy a car (includes paying off, insurance, and AAA)
8- Work on bettering my credit score
9- Laugh more (it is the best medicine)
10- Worry less (I'm a terrible worrier)
11- 52 week money challenge  (hopefully this will help me be a better saver)
12- Read 5 classic books (doesn't seem like a lot, but with a toddler I never seem to make time to read)
13- Make time for D&D (or at least time for friends)
14- Send out Christmas cards (before Christmas)

Creative Goals
1- Make Marius a work bench
2- Sew a quilt
3- Reupholster something(anything really)
4- Make either skeleton key jewelry or spoon/fork jewelry (or both)
5- Write another kids book
6- Make Marius a tent (like this one)
7- Build one of these for my parents
8- Make my own dress form
9- Make some holiday wreaths (every holiday isn't necessary, but at least a few)
10- I don't know why, but I WANT these lovely DIY apothecary jars
11- Better jewelry storage (there are tons of great ideas out there)
12- Paint something creative
13- Make myself a couple dresses (no need to limit myself with numbers)
14- Learn 5 new crochet stitches and use them in a project (not necessarily the same project)

Family Goals
1- Teach Marius about colors and shapes
2- Pin less toddler activities and do more
3- Get Marius in underwear
4- Convince Marius his name is Marius Bailey Lawrence
5- Take LOTS of pictures
6- Visit Serpent Mound at least once
7- Visit at least 1 Zoo
8- Attend at least 1 family reunion
9- Teach Marius about gardening and where his tasty food comes from
10- Make 3 visits to a museum (the same 3 times or 3 different just so long as they're educational)
11- Travel by train (or plane)
12- Play make believe at least 3 times a week (creativity is imperative for future scientists)
13- Teach Marius about numbers and basic math
14- Teach responsibility by example and by expecting a reasonable toddler amount

Some of these are harder then others, but some are fairly simple and I'm confident I can do them all. 
I really can't wait to see what challenges and triumphs 2014 has in store for me, my friends, and family!  Here's to a better year than ever before!

No comments: