Pages

With creativity and imagination anything can be acheived

Monday, August 26, 2013

Confessions of A Skeleton: Dear John Letter

A few months back I posted a blog Confessions of a Skeleton: On why I'm going to continue buying Abercrombie & Fitch.  If you missed it I'm told it's worth the read.  I got a lot of feed back about it, mostly positive, and if it brightened one persons day it was worth the time and effort of writing. 
But I'm getting side tracked and I haven't even started my letter.  Let's begin...

Dear Abercrombie & Fitch
I know we weren't together long, but I'm going to have to end our relationship.  Take heart in knowing it isn't necessarily you; it's me.  I changed.
The real problem is your jeans. It's the only thing I ever loved about you, and now we don't even have that.  You see I found squats...  Actually I found Blogilates and it spring boarded me into other workouts, which led to a love of squats.  I'm hoping to get hand weights or even a gym memberships soon (hint hint to all those at a loss for birthday or Christmas present ideas)  Working out has given me enough energy that I quit coffee and I'm not a zombie.  Also, it has added some mass to me and I'm loving it, but this mass is really the source of our problem.  Really it's not me, it's my derrière, it has grown and it just can't fit right in your jeans.  I wish I could say I could just go up a pants size and my problem would be fixed, but sadly that isn't the case.  It's the cut of your jeans they squish my buttocks.  When I had no tush they were perfect and they made me feel sexy and great, but no longer.  They way the cut of your jeans are I can't have a rump and I want one. 
What it really comes down to is that I had to chose between your overpriced jeans and working out, which has the glorious by products of more energy and a fanny I'm overjoyed with, and you lost.  You just can't give me everything that I want.  Like the pain and sweet soreness after a good work out (endorphins!). Or the energy.  Or the fact that I'm happier with my entire body than I ever have been.  Or the fact that I finally have a bottom.  Or the pride in myself from the dedication and commitment that I've made to a better healthier me.
In closing my brief, but now over, love I'd just like you to know that you aren't the only thing getting the boot.  I'm also saying goodbye to some shorts, a few much loved mini skirts, and some cute underwear none of which fit anymore. Take solace in the fact that you aren't alone, however, you are the only one worth of a letter.

Sincerely
The-One-With-A-Growing-Backside




No comments: