Pages

With creativity and imagination anything can be acheived

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Eleven Months Young

Bearcub roughly a year ago
Bearcub roughly a year ago

Bearcub today in his first 2T shirt, which is also his first Star Wars shirt

Today my little Bearcub is eleven months young (or just a month shy of a year).  Its an emotional day for me.  A year ago I was barely able to touch my toes and there was maybe five outfits that I could still wear.  Now I'm continuously bending over to pick up him, his toys, or some mess he's created up, and instead of trying clothes on myself and being disappointed when they don't fit; I'm trying to put clothes on him and tearing up when they're to small.  Looking back on what I was doing a year ago comparative to now makes it all seem very strange and surreal.


Now, with a year fast approaching I've been hit with a wave of nostalgia that has had me from smiles to laughs to tears and back again.  I have always hated time stamps in the corner of photos, until now.  As I look through the accumulated photos of eleven months time I wish I'd dated them better or at least wrote more lengthy descriptions. I remember a lot of these amazing months, but there are things I'm forgetting and I don't want to forget any of it.  How much will I remember in a year?  Or five? Or ten? Or fifty?  How much will I have forgotten?  All these thoughts and questions have made me realize several things:

1)  All pictures (even bad ones) are precious and should be treated as such
2)  Human memory is imperfect and fades.  Record events while you can.
3)  The most precious gifts come in small packages but grow exceptionally fast.

Bearcub found a fun way to celebrate eleven months and is currently on his second consecutive growth spurt.  A little under three weeks ago he was wearing mostly 12m and some 18m clothing.  A week ago I had to pack up ALL of his 12m clothing.  Today I dressed him in a 2T shirt and 18-24m pants.  In the past I joked that his goal was to be in 2T by his first birthday, but it honestly was a joke.  I guess he took it as a challenge.

Recent Achievements:

Walking
Fourth and fifth tooth
Hiding nearly all spoons
First obvious temper tantrum
Attempted potato gardener
Sharing
Hugs
Ate first hot dog
Ate first pizza
Submerged computer mouse is glass of tea
Moving up from 12m to 18m
Moving up from 18m to 24m and 2T

Expect a more detailed blog in a month!

No comments: